- approx. 1 yard or 1 meter of non-fray fabric
- 1,5 yard or 1,5 meters of ribbon
- chalk or something else to mark a circle
- 1 yard of string
- a pair of scissors
- some pins
- a sewing machine
- a safety pin
1. Mark half a circle using the string to attach the chalk on. I have drawn a circle with a diameter of a little less than a yard (75 cm to be exact) for a large kids' cape.
2. Cut the half a circle from the fabric.
3. Make a hem on the straight site of the fabric using the pins.
4. Close the hem by sewing it, but leave the sides open.
5. Fasten the safety pin to the ribbon.
6. String the ribbon through the hem.
7. Tadaa, that's all! You can make this in under an hour!
The result: a very neat cape that is long enough to hide in from the dragons!
Let me know how you used this tutorial to make your own cape(s)! Leave your comment beneath!