vrijdag 29 augustus 2014
zondag 24 augustus 2014
That was an amazing day yesterday at the Imaginarium Festival! The weather was good thankfully and we very much enjoyed the beautiful people, lovely music and an excellent sale! I will be back next year!
woensdag 20 augustus 2014
I made a cape for my son yesterday. We are going to a cosplay event this saturday and he wanted to go as Draco from 'How to train your dragon 2'. We found this fabric with dragon shell like structure, so mommy made him a cape. I made a tutorial for everyone who needs an easy almost no-sew cape for their own cosplays or kids' party!
- approx. 1 yard or 1 meter of non-fray fabric
- 1,5 yard or 1,5 meters of ribbon
- chalk or something else to mark a circle
- 1 yard of string
- a pair of scissors
- some pins
- a sewing machine
- a safety pin
1. Mark half a circle using the string to attach the chalk on. I have drawn a circle with a diameter of a little less than a yard (75 cm to be exact) for a large kids' cape.
2. Cut the half a circle from the fabric.
3. Make a hem on the straight site of the fabric using the pins.
4. Close the hem by sewing it, but leave the sides open.
5. Fasten the safety pin to the ribbon.
6. String the ribbon through the hem.
7. Tadaa, that's all! You can make this in under an hour!
The result: a very neat cape that is long enough to hide in from the dragons!
Let me know how you used this tutorial to make your own cape(s)! Leave your comment beneath!
zaterdag 16 augustus 2014
On saturday the 23th of august, I will be at the Imaginarium Festival where I will sell my jewellery, dreamcatchers and other fun stuff with a touch of Fantasy. We were asked to appear in costume, so I will be going as Morgana Le Fay!
I made the crown, the wings, the earcuffs, the earrings, the necklace and the arm cuffs myself.
Elven earcuffs and earrings available @ www.aardekracht.marktplaza.nl
Tree of Life pendant available @ www.aardekracht.marktplaza.nl
dinsdag 12 augustus 2014
Made this for a client who wanted black elven ear cuffs. They are made with black aluminium, black coated copperwire and black glass beads.
Very suitable for cosplays!
Elven ear cuffs available @ www.aardekracht.marktplaza.nl
maandag 11 augustus 2014
I had a little piece of silver wire left, so I made a Tree of Life bracelet that helps you believe in yourself! It is made with amazonite and has a suede cord in the same color.
maandag 4 augustus 2014
I made a pair of elven ear cuffs to go with a Autumn Wood Elf costume or just to wear for fun! The cuffs are made with (colored) silver wire and glass beads.
Elven earcuffs available @ www.aardekracht.marktplaza.nl
Tree of Life earrings made with (purple) silver wire and a little moon with pearly shine.
Earrings available @ www.aardekracht.marktplaza.nl